Monday 3 November 2014

Garden City

The Cafe at Calgary Arts is now closed and the Island is beginning to feel cold and quiet, giving me plenty of time to get my head down in the studio. The Jewellery gallery will continue to stay open in the run up to Christmas, as I am still working away at the bench most days. If you are on Mull, you can drop into the gallery between 10am-5pm. There's even a little honesty box for purchasing delicious homemade cake and tea! There will also be a special Christmas opening at Calgary at the end of November - check back to the blog for more info on this in a few weeks - I am planning a very twinkly Christmas window display for the Jewellery gallery!

I have been working hard to send my jewellery out to various galleries for the winter. If you'd like to see any of my jewellery, but Mull is just too far away to visit, then you can see some of my collections at these venues:
The Biscuit Factory, Newcastle
Cambridge Contemporary crafts
Mostyn, Llandudno
Rural Arts, Thirsk
Bluecoat Display Centre, Liverpool
Handmade for Christmas, Sheffield
Royal Exchange Craft Shop, Manchester

I am especially excited to be part of 'Garden City' at the Bluecoat Display Centre, Liverpool. This exhibition showcases beautiful prints by renowned print maker Angela Harding, alongside a selection of complimentary contemporary jewellery - including jewellery by two of my favourite makers; Hannah Louise Lamb, and old classmate Heather Woof. Its a pleasure to be showing my jewellery alongside such a talented group of makers.

Thanks for reading
Maike x

No comments:

Post a Comment